Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Now what's this page that I seem to have accessed on the Interwebs?

So, for those of you who are reading, this is going to be my new travel blog! *Applause*  Here I will be doing my best to chronicle the various adventures on my family trip this summer to Europe, and later with work trips to Korea, Japan, China, the Netherlands, and the exotic shores of Portland, Oregon.  

You may ask, why is this called "The Dumb American Tourist"?  Well, I have only been out of the country a grand total of one (1) time, and I am consequently not much of a "world traveler", to put it lightly.  So I'm pretty much going into this with a very limited view of the rest of the world, summed up in the following, horrifyingly stereotypical pictures:

England:


France:


Germany:

Eastern Europe:

Japan:

Korea:

(Note to the easily offended: I don't honestly think these pictures are representative of these countries, just being hyperbolic to prove a point.)

Therefore, the point of this blog is to show my gradual metamorphosis from the typical "Dumb American Tourist" into a (hopefully) seasoned traveler.  I'll be updating with pictures and stories as often as I can, and I hope you enjoy it!  Please comment, ask, follow, all that stuff, and stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment