Friday, June 24, 2011

A Photo Tour of Budapest, a.k.a. I'm Too Tired to Post Much Other Than Pictures

Just finished our first day in Vienna, and I'm too exhausted to post anything poignant.  So here's a bunch of pictures from Budapest, with cursory explanations.  It's a spectacular city, probably my favorite of the trip so far!  Definitely a return trip if I can ever make it.

Just a cool looking city street, chillin'.
Fancy coffee!  I got legit Turkish Coffee, google it if you don't know what that is, can't explain in a caption.
Their parliament building makes ours look, frankly, pretty damn lame.
It's a freakin' castle.  In the city.  I know, right?!
Fans of the Eddie Murphy/Owen Wilson epic I Spy may recognize that bridge
support as the hiding place of the "Leafy Bug"
The former royal palace is, well, "royal".
View from the Danube, with a well-placed Hungarian flag.
Another view from the Danube, with more sweet huge buildings.
The lunch they provided on our Danube cruise.  These guys know how to party.
Kickin' it in the street.  No bigs.
Gotta work on my Goulash Gut a bit before I can properly pull this look off!
Look out, Noah, you've got competition!
Big church.
Inside big church.
Apparently they actually paint stuff on the inside of
those domes...who gets stuck with that job?!
Dad felt a bit like a bawse being able to drop a 10,000 Florent bill, until you
realize the exchange rate is 170 to the dollar, so each Florent is worth about
half a cent.  Still looks cool, though.
View of the "Pest" side of Budapest, taken from the "Buda" side...did you
know they were originally two cities, and the names
were just mashed together?
Mmmm, beer!
Hope you enjoyed your virtual tour, now it's time to sleep.  Please leave any tips at my apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment